Sunday, November 8, 2009

Planning Guide

I've trying to get some plans on the go. Some of these are personal and some of these are for others. I've got ideas and stuff for Chistmas (which started way to early this year in my opinion, I want my Christmas at Christmas) and stuff for every week and day otherwise.

Anyways, let's start with my plans for me. I've given up on playing piano because I don't see myself with the patience or the time to play it, even though I love to hear the sounds as my fingers dance on the keyboard. I'm trying to cut back on video gaming, I've already cut back a lot, but I still play some and I just want it gone while I don't have the time to waste. I'm learning to manage my time better on the computer, though there are still hours being lost to nearly nothing. I've also stopped drawing for now for the same reasons as piano. If ever I get the time back, I'd love to continue, just not now.

Now, that time is being cut back to make room for work and somethings else. I'm trying to make melon bread, a Japanese snack of bread covered in cookie with no melons. That'll just take a few night of practice, I've already made on unsuccessful batch, it wasn't cooked enough, the dough was too soft, the cookie wasn't attatched and such. I'll be trying again and again until either I get it right or my mom stops supplying me with ingredients to waste.

I've also learned html at school. It's a computer language for the internet, and with it I learned how to make websites. I'll be testing it out with a few things, which will hopefully appear soon enough.

I've also wanted to get back in contact with my Japanese friends, but for some reason I haven't had the courage or the will power to do it. So I'm starting up another blog. This one will be exclusively in Japanese and I'll be designing it for cellphones. Hopefully if they're still interested in staying in contact they'll follow, and hopefully I'll get enopugh courage to e-mail them back and tell them, or just continue e-mailing them. I also hope to get better with my Japanese through this.

The e-mail part also counts for my Western friends whom I want to stay in contact with, and most of who havew given up on writting blogs. Even I had my down period and I'm sure that the quaility has gone down now that I'm back on this side of the world, but I hope I can just keep this up. I'm trying to get 鰤ちゃん (burichan, her nickname) in an online chat, but so far she's lived up to being 無理ちゃん (murichan, miss unreasonable). I'm just teasing.

I'd also like to get in contact with some other people for the holidays. Terry, have you gotten a web camera yet or do I need to fly over there and drag you to the closest Wal-Mart? I'd try setting this up with someone else, but it's hard to be tech support over a computer the other person is failing to use, or at least I don't feel like it.

As for Christmas, this time my family is meeting in Quebec for a few days on the slopes, and possibly in the bars of the province where I'm of legal drinking age. Then it's back here for the week. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, challenging my brother's fencing with my kendo and seeing Avatar in theatres (which is rare because I've lost interest in most movies).

Anyways, that enough of my plans.

2 comments:

  1. I'm back, to haunt your comments box with my pompous avuncular prose. Be afraid.

    Good planning - I think moving out into learning to bake stuff and code is a great move. Asd for the recently orphaned activities - try them again in a year or two and see if you miss them or not. 900 hours of classes might equal one weekend messing with Perl in terms of future outcomes.
    Oh, by all means, fly out here and drag me to the nearest Wal-Mart. It'd be nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - so that's what melonpan is. Never did get into Shakugan no Shana, where I understand it's a major theme -

    Is double-posting poor manners? Is this then a meta-double-post?

    ReplyDelete