Sunday, December 5, 2010

And since I've not place to go...

As I've mention, I won't be home for the holidays. I've decided to stay in Vancouver. This is partially because I think it would cost too much (even though my parents would pay, I still factor this in). It's also partly because I want to be independent. Another factor is just that I want to see what Christmas is like in Vancouver. I'm also hoping to get some studying done over the break (this is fun for me). And finally, it's just to avoid the minor nuisances of moving around.

On the other side (literally, of the country), it means that I won't see my parents, my friends or my co-workers. I would love to visit, to just drop in to Boston Pizza, order a dirty Keven* and make my own pizza. Have a few rounds with friends, share an appy platter. Play a few rounds of Halo with my friends. It's very enticing, but sadly I don't see it as worth the cost, the effort, and all the little things. I plan to be back for the summer thought. It'll be nice to see what has changed and what has stayed the same.

Instead, I'm staying in Vancouver. The university kicks us out for the break, so I've been looking into places to stay. I've talked to my family in the area, found a few places to stay for a few days. I'll be fine, and hopefully even get to meet up with some people over the break.

2 comments:

  1. Tonight I'm cleaning out the new apartment. It's there for you too if you want it -

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better come home for the summer we need to play Halo and go for Sunday night Dirty Kevin's.

    ReplyDelete