Saturday, October 24, 2009

Priorities

Prioritizing is annoying. I prefer binging anything that needs doing, but at the moment I have to much of too many for that. So let's see if I get get it all in order.

School - Currently, this should be at the top. My grades will be the deciding factor of many scholarships and therefore many money signs. My grades are the sort other people dislike me for. I consider seventies a fail and I get nineties in courses most people consider hard (which even out when I do poorly in so-called easier classes). It would probably be a good idea to do my homework and study.

Science fair - A major project that counts for a more that noticeable percentage of EVERY science course I have. Luckily my idea this year was excepted with no trouble, but a warning, to get a good mark with what I proposed, I'll need to do a lot of work with it. I'm doing research on renewable energy in my area.

Applications to university - I'm in the process of applying to university. It's annoying, especially for Ontario and engineering. In order to apply for Waterloo, I need to apply through the site for all the universities of Ontario. The problem with this is that Ontario is well known in Canada for being filled with red tape, and there is a lot o it for university. UBC went smoothly, and I'm expecting DAL to be easy as well. I'm still looking out for any other universities, but I have my primary choices.

Scholarships - How do I get them? How do I make myself look good? How do I make "please give me all your monies" sound better?

Work - I work two shifts a week plus a little extra and I get pay the ridiculously high minimum wage. My job is boring, tiresome and annoying but it gets me (more) money.

House - My father is starting construction of a house of his own design on some lakeside property we own. I'll be helping him out.

Blog - Not only do I want to update more frequently with better content, I also want to start another blog in Japanese to improve my skills and keep in touch with my Japanese friends.

Entertainment - I've cut back a lot on video games. I keep up to date and play the "hardcore" games, but I play less than a "casual" gamer (a novice in a nunnery). I've kept up less that minimal reading. I don't watch television anymore. I've rarely gone to the movies in recent history.

So, my plan?
Get applications out of the way quickly.
Work on school and the science fair.
Hope that I can balance a schedule with work and building.
Try to make the most of my spare time.

My main problem is that I have no focus. I'm just working at all these things that mean so little to me. Sure, the job brings me money, good marks lead to university and cetera, but I just don't feel any connection to them. I also notice that my list lacks any real social aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment