Monday, April 19, 2010

Last minute entries

So. There's a lot going on, but if you were every to ask me what I'm up to, I'd answer "nothing much" for simplicity, your unlikeliness of wanting the full answer and because most of it seems small. There's work, which takes up my Friday and Saturday nights, and it annoys me that I have nothing better to do than work. Thursdays are full, from the time I get out of school, I run to the Cove, and once volunteering is over, I head to work looking for a place to sit down for a few minutes, which is only the case about half the time and from whatever happens there I make it to Don Cherry's for wings with my friends. Now Sundays are filling up. Usually a good day to sit around wanting rest, they've been invaded by nice chats with my uncle over Skype and runing practice, and that was before my friends decided to start going to the bar at Boston Pizza on Sundays (now that their university school year is over). Mondays, which usually aren't as miserable for me as they are for others, are also getting running practice, and I've even found a way to add yet another running practice on Tuesdays. I've never really thought of Wednesdays as anything more than a random day of the week with awkward spelling, I think they might have just turnewd into my weekend.

So, in case you didn't get that, I'm on the track and field team and training for a triathlon, I'm working, volunteering and handing out hours of my week as if they were on sale. Even if this didn't force hmework to cut in to my sleep more than it already does, there seems to be something that always comes up that makes things that much more crazy. Today, it's a scholarship. The guidance office at my school recieved a letter about a scholarship for any grade twelves going into engineering for fossil fuels, which is how they advertised it, and understandably, got no replies (most grads are luck to have picked their field, even my specialization of mechanics is a bit ahead of myself, and fossil fuels isn't even an academic program). Today, they got clairification and realized that it applies to pretty much anyone going into engineering (or some geo studies). Great, another scholarship I can apply to, and there's not even a Nova Scotia only limit on it, except, they're a bit late on the draw. It's due tomorrow, I need to fill out a few pages and get three references: a community, academic and work reference. We thought we were screwed because none of us had reference letters on hand (the last scholarship I had had specific questions), but then I noticed "Reference letter: Y/N," they were optional. So, after school today, myself and another applicant asked our physics teacher to be our academic reference. I then went to track practice (which is being lead by the girl in pink shoes), ran home, drove to work (I was too tired and the weather too miserable to bother cycling), got my work reference, who wasn't there, but I found her contact information and sent her a text message about it. I had supper and headed to a volunteering event (what are the chances?) and got my community reference. Now all I have to do is write some bs.

Getting out of chronological order, Saturday after work I was eating pizza and pressuring an friend of a friend into trying Guiness, a very heavy beer. He thought he had tried it and remembered it as smooth, which was obviously wrong. We gave him a few ounces and the same to a friend and I took the rest. My friend and I downed our glasses while he could barely choke it down. It was fun (yay for peer pressure and alcohol). I mention this because it kept me away from bed until something after midnight. I then got up early because I didn't know what time track practice was at, so I rode down every few hours to the track to check. Then my aunt showed up and started talking with my mom and I got my uncle on Skype. I also sent out a message asking when track was and got a reply, but it was half over by the time I was done talking with my uncle. I rode down, talked and ran with them for the last few minutes and then went home. A while later I was agreeing to go to the bar with my friends. That lasted again until past midnight. I got home and worked on my french chemistry lab while sobering up (I learned that I'm bad at French while drunk). At about three I had done all I could manage in that state. I set my alarm earlier and slept. Upon waking, I headed to school, which was eerily empty. I started back on my lab as people began to show up. I was still tired and I might have had some insignificant signs of a hangover. I say that because I felt sleep deprived but I was warm and cold is one of the signs I've learned to associate with bad sleep deprivation on my part. I passed my lab in on time and aside from having trouble with complex thoughts through chemistry ( couldn't figure out how to explain something in French, or English) I was fine. I solved a bonus question in math, realized a mistake I made on an assignment due tomorrow, figured out a hard physics question and sat through a presentation in English. And of course, the scholarship stuff fits in there and takes me up to now.

In case this entry isn't long enough, I also have an research paper to do for English about how literature has influenced my philosophy. I've already mentioned it but as a warning now, I'm going to be using my blog as practice and to write out drafts. But those will be in their own entries and I don't have enough time for one now.

Picture time. I haven't had enough lately so here are some.
The house from the lake. I'm not entirely sure why the slope is covered in hay.
The roof is now done. Now it's time for walls and windows.
The view from up a hill. Also showing off the truck, piles of lumber and my shadow.The view from the top of a pile of dirt and rocks. Inside the house with no walls up yet. Tools and wood sitting around doing nothing.
A few days ago it snowed. It was cold and gone before the next day.

Anyways, that's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment