Friday, April 2, 2010

Virtual or Real

I've had a lot of talk recently about how much you can do with technology. Most of it can be connected to Google's street view. It is, in my opinion, the closest thing we have now to virtual reality.

For those of you who don't know what it is, Google has mapped the world with road maps, satellite imagery, terrain maps, links to pictures, a digital globe with three dimensional terrain and buildings, traffic reports, all the border's of the world, links to location based information and now, one of their latest additions: street view, which is a three-hundred and sixty degree view of the land from the perspective of the highways (and major roads, and they'll probably have more soon). Not only do they have pictures every few meters, the also have it in three dimensions with the use of cyan-red glasses. So you could nearly take a virtual walk down to the store and back without leaving your house.

That's impressive, almost to the point of scaring me, but I'm used to technology. Facebook Still scares me more.

Anyways, It's Easter weekend, which means little to nothing for me. I get Friday off, all I've done is played a few rounds in Starcraft, shown up for something quick with Interact, eaten all the meat I want and made a mess of my room. In an hour I'll be going into work.

Yesterday was slightly more interesting. I saw a few people from school while going out for wings. They bugged me about my crush and I annoyed them back about drinking, which I would have been, but by the time we were done our wings, there wasn't enough time left before it closed to bother. We played a few rounds of video games and I had another night of not enough sleep.

I'm hoping to get outside on my own or with some friends with weekend, but it's unlikely, knowing my friends, knowing Easter and knowing how these things usually end.

At home I've also lost a television which is being moved back to Boston Pizza (probably to replace our defective set) and the top of my desk, which will be back soon.

I'll be posting pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment