Wednesday, March 31, 2010

These Kids

I was going to write an entry, but I started looking up Calvin and Hobbes for a philosophy research project (English class). It's amazing how deep kids' books are. Seriously, compared the content of Dr. Seuss or Calvin and Hobbes to what a more "mature" audience is supposed to read. The kids have the better books, with pictures and meaning. What do we have? The Catcher in the Rye? Books about peoples lives being average? I'm re-adding kids' books to my to read list.

Also, I'll try to post something tomorrow. Good night (or morning, day, evening, or whatever astrological event may or may not apply).

1 comment:

  1. Out of sheer reflex I want to come to the defense of "Catcher in the Rye" – which is great - but really I'll always be on the side of the book that has words and pictures mixed up together.

    They all cover the same territory, though - many comics and cartoons about ironic loners stuck in average lives (a la Holden Caulfield) are good too, even hilarous.

    ReplyDelete