Monday, October 20, 2008

Yesterday

I went to the nun's school's culture festival. Actually I also when there the day before, but yesterday was more interesting. Anyway, I took a camera with me (to my sister: I'm sorry I haven't used the fisheye lens yet) and I had two maps on my PSP which helped me navigate the way there (I was taking a round about route). There I met the nun and the blond Aussie, who I'll just refer to as the Aussie for now on (if the other one gets into things I find an alias for him two), and we walked around and waited for the United States of American living in Kanazawa who I will call....... photogenic (seriously, we haven't been able to take a picture of him that looks bad). Anywho, we went to an imporvised cafe, orded some drinks, walked around etc. The Aussie talked about the Japanese people. Appearently you can herd them in store isles by staring in their direction and even have them go around the store several times (not that this is suggested). Also, they will always pose for a photo. Case in point, the cooking staff at the festival:






The other exchange students (except one who's camera shy):



After the festival we went to kareoke and made fools of ourselves singing songs. Kareoke seems to happen like this in Japan; you and some friends got to a sound-proof booth (with drinks?) and take turns singing songs. A few songs in, someone will want to join in on a song and they'll sing together (in this case Photogenic and I did "Welcome to the Jungle," I did the low part and he did the higher pitched parts) and then it's just everyone choosing good songs to sing and usually doing duets etc. No one sound bad in kareoke, though some loose their voices a little and someone will pick a song that's not what they expected. "Friend Like Me" was a LOT of fun.
Afterwards they went for ramen while I ran "home" to drop off some stuff and explain that I would be having supper with the others. I got back before they finished (and I finished second last). From here we went to Round 1, a sort of gaming complex with sports arcades et cetera. (they even have Half-Life and RPGs). Then it came time to leave and we went to our "homes" talking all the while.
P.S. Please don't tell anyone else but, to my brother, I got a 3k (region 2). Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment