Friday, October 31, 2008

You Just Keep on Trying Until you run out of Cake.

(Warning. Half of you will not get the jokes I am writing in this post and will therefore assume I'm typing strangely.)

I've been taking many Japanese courses as I've mentioned before (I'm not fluent yet, but there's no sense crying over every mistake) and I've recently made the Japanese Cheat Sheet version 2 conjugation section. [link] It's out of beta, it's releasing on time. And the Japanese gets done and I make a neat sheet for the people who are still alive.

Also, as I'll be posting on November second, happy birthday brother. I sent you this cake, it's great. It's so delicious and moist. That was a joke, haha, fat chance.

I took the exams for my physics I & II and Math II & III and I got 34, 36, 20 and 68 respectively. I averaged more than a pass (30) and even beat the class average on the last one. Japanese exams are short (two or three pages, an hour) but very hard. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. I still wish I could make a phys 12 cheat sheet for all my classmates, but maybe you'll find someone else to help you.

I went to a sort of bazaar where farmers were selling their produce. There were people there hammering (literally, with large wodden hammers) rice into paste, people rolling and slicing soba noodles using a large, scary-looking knife and cetera. In another town, they were showing off pottery. Afterwards, I went to a bath house. Here are a few things you can do to get used to Japanese style bath houses: get used to being naked (if you really want to cover yourself THAT much than you should probably get a paper bag for your face), use periferal vision and finally, relax.

Look at me still talking when there Japanese work to do. I've errands to run, there is study to be done. And believe me, I'm doing Japanese, I feel fantastic and I am still alive.

P.S. The cake is a lie.

(There, I got all the Portal out of my system. For those of you who are sitting there confused, I've been referencing the song "Still Ailve" throughout this entry)

3 comments:

  1. Am I confused? or did you just suck in your exams?
    But sounds like you enjoyed the Japanese bath house.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as for the exams - Maybe you’ll find someone else to help you.

    But really, I wish I just know these gamer-culture refs without having to google them first -

    ReplyDelete
  3. coz a paper bag would soo last long in a japanese bath house:p

    ReplyDelete