Sunday, February 22, 2009

Foresight

Just a quick bit on what I'll soon be up to.

Getting more friends to do more outside of school.

At the beginning of March I'll be going on a school trip to Kyushu (九州, nine province).

Shortly after I'll move to my next host family in Hakusan (白山, white mountain).

At the end of March I'll be going on a Rotary trip to Osaka and a few other important places.

Right now I'm trying to find more to do, especially on weekends. If any of you have any ideas on what to do on a weekend in Japan (legally, as Mike (not the exchange student) seems bent on getting me deported) please tell.

3 comments:

  1. Got it on GoogleEarth - Hakusan. nice-sized little town, lots of fields, great sports centre, looks like a great place to get running again with lots of flat countryside nearby. And in sight of the mountains - I'm guessing "white Mountain " is not what they are, but what they have a view of.

    What to do on a weekend in Japan - in "Rescue Wings" which is set in Komatsu, just south of you, the guys at the air force base do a lot of hiking - bussing up into the mountains & going for day hikes. Which might freak your host family, I admit.

    I don't know - take up archery!

    Kyushu - yes! Does my envy bore you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. こんばんわGeoffrey,

    Looks like things are really picking up for you. Glad to see you're so into Kendo. I miss doing martial arts, I unfortunately don't have the time or money to sign up for TaeKwonDo this semester. Our teacher was very strict about the yelling, (or ki-ing up as it's called in taekwondo) it must be used in all attacks, and can be used to trick people into thinking you're attacking. I know I don't live in Japan, so I can't give you much advice for japanese girls, but I did just recently ask a girl in my japanese class out. An important thing is to make sure they know you're asking them out on a date, and not just for hanging out. Good luck Geoff.
    じゃ また

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoy the comment about me in your post > = )

    ReplyDelete