Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coming Soon

I know I haven't been posting as many pictures and such as I said I would. But, I did finally get audio of me speaking Japanese (you're not expected to know what I was saying, it's Japanese), and I have kept up posting my whole trip. So, here's how it works and why you get what you get:

I can post via e-mail, which I use when all I have is my PSP and there's an accessable, hackable wireless signal. Which I usually don't have or at least not legally.
I can post from the Rifare, but that's not all the time and sometimes I'm in a hurry to get "home" or all the computers are being used.
I can use computers of my host families, but I need to avoid abusing this from your, my and their perspectives.
I also use the computers for other things like e-mail and keeping up to date.

It takes a while to write a decent post and it only takes longer if I have to use or include something written beforehand (reading, correcting, editing and typing at once is HARD).

Pictures are taken arcoss two cameras and two cards and I don't always have a camera on me. Also, I want to keep the high resolution for later making storage a problem and I've taken well over a thousand pictures making uploading a long boring process (no matter their size, most sites won't upload folders and you need to select the files individually by title (DCS####)).
Only one of these (the camera I only carry on special occasion) has useable video.

Finally, finding something interesting that I haven't beaten to death to talk about is hard. You wouldn't imagine how many times I've wanted to just rant about the Japanese character.

Anyways, back to your regularly (not really) scheduled program (blog).

1 comment:

  1. Better that you rant about the Japanese character once you get back - and I respect your forbearance in this matter.
    If you feel like you're beating topics to death, I'll have to correct you - many are only lightly injured. School for instance - haven't heard much about the language barrier, social divisions, weird or helpful teachers etc in the last couple of months. Any changes?

    ReplyDelete