Monday, April 13, 2009

New Place

Well, I'm back in 金沢. I'm living within a kilometre of my first home close to the 犀川 and the school. It's a nice Japanese mansion, which is what they call apartments, no joke. It's a decent size and everyone gets their own room. I'm glad I don't have to worry about packing up all that junk again, I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff in my time left, books, manga, toys, games, candy, pins, one billion dollars [evil laughter], ha, no on that last one. The place also has wireless internet so I'll be albe to keep up with my e-mail (which is most of the reason I'm not getting a phone, though it's been REALLY hard without one) and Skype if need be. The father, mother and daughter seem nice. The father has a nice BMW and a race car. Anyways, moving on...

I'll skip school (the topic, not classes) for now.

I'm going to a sakura observing party on Wednesday with my Rotary club, I have no idea how that will go.

And my "In Too Deep" reference last week was mostly pointed at the fact that I'm going to a concert on Thursday, same as the first with, hopefully, Brie, 肉 and Riley (another Canadian exchange student). It should be good.

It was also pointed at the fact that I'm trying to un-, than re-, bury myself in club activities, school courses and other studies and hopefully a social life (large piles of money like I had before would also be nice, kidding... I never made a pile out of it *shifty look*). I'm not sure what I can get in three months, but it'll be better than not. As to the studies, 肉's hard work and a want to be able to understand without a dictionary at all times as well as trying to fill my empty school days (they got angry at me today for falling asleep (usually done by the rest of the class, and I wish I really had been fully asleep) in a class that I couldn't do anything in if I wanted to. So I've had a talk with my teach and he'll see what he can do to avoid any... further troubles *another shifty look*. Also, after an extended session with many painful hits to the head, hip and arm, I've quit kendo. It was fun but it was getting to be too much. I think I'll join the English club and try and get a real conversation going with a Japanese person (in ANY language).

And yes, it's sakura season here, pictures... will come when I get better internet. I'll be adding them retroactively from my Abstract entry onwards, sorry for the inconvenience, but this time I really do have them, and organized.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Home #3 sounds like a good deal, I'm glad you got that taste of semi-rural old-school Japan in Hakusan, though. And wireless! Sweet.

    Yes, sounds like enough kendo. I'd tease you mercilessly but I only lasted four months in fencing class. You can be King in English class.

    Send us sakura pictures, but edit out the displays of public drunkenness. Ooo, pretty blossoms... *hic*

    ReplyDelete