Thursday, May 28, 2009

My day

starts with me wondering why I can't sleep (00:00 is technically the day's beginning), during which I fall asleep only to wake up thinking the same thing(7:30). I get ready for school, check my e-mail & Facebook, then walk twenty minutes to school.
In homeroom (8:35), there are no cliques as a whole with which I'm friends, only random people. So, while they group up and chat, I find something to do quietly. In class, I try to pay half-attention, or at least pay more attention than the average classmate, specifically, don't fall asleep. In math class, I'm no different regardless of country. I figure out the work (which onlyoccasionally involves doing it), try to think of inspiration for drawings and talk to anyone willing.
On Wednesdays & Fridays I have Japanese lessons at the Rifare, where I quickly check my e-mail, Facebook and one other site (4:10), then sit down to try (& fail) to finish that day's homework in five minutes (4:55). Class goes from five to six thirty and consists mostly of talking with the exchange students and ALTs while repeating easy sentence structures. We try to continue the conversations walking back to our respective "homes." Once alone, I start to run (7:00).
Back at "home" I eat supper with my host family then use the computer... I'll do a seperate post for my digital usage. Afterwards, I sit down to watch whatever they're watching on TV. I'd like to say I strike up a chat, they turn off the TV and there's a pleasant conversation (another thing I miss, listening to the long conversations between guests and my Dad, who is at said time, keeping me there against my will to be downstairs playing video games), however they seem extremely focused and interested in the TV (which I find boring) and any conversation I do get is either short and simple or broken (not always because of me). I'll talk about Japanese TV in another entry. Eventually I take a shower and tr to go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to hearing about Japanese TV - I've heard it's 'distinctive', like British food and American talk radio. I don't suppose you're sitting around watching Cross Game or Eden of the East with your host family? I'm enjoying both of those -

    ReplyDelete