Thursday, May 7, 2009

Otaku

Originally this meant a specialty, now-a-days it means a Japanese geek
or nerd. They scare me. They are obsessed with gundam, other anime or
video games to the point where their social skills are failing. They
speak a lot, rather quickly and while nervously avoiding looking at
their speakee, me. Also, being a western geek or nerd(I've never
decided which), I've often had trouble prooving I have a life
alongside my interests. Luckily the otaku in math class are sane.

1 comment:

  1. No surprise there - sounds like these lads can't maintain a conversation with their own peers and family - imagine how scary a tall gaijin with halting Japanese would be to them!
    But nice to have clarification - evidently, you and I are not otaku. We have 'interests', at most.

    ReplyDelete