Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Men and Mice

"To a Mouse" by Robert Burns. If you celebrate his birthday, I suggest you skip the haggis.
So, this isn't a regualr post, this is something I'll be e-mailing to a number of you to make sure you read it and reply if necessary.

Okay, so, I'm winding down my year, I have a month left today. I'm finalizing my plans and there's just one last thing I need to get straight, how should I go about getting to Tokyo?
Well, technically the Willer bus should be the cheapest way from Kanazawa. Niku would really like to go and I have a host relative living there with time on the weekends. I might even be able to just catch my flight ot of Tokyo rather than Komatsu.

However, that's not the only option I'm considering. I'm also wondering whether I should wait until my brother (learning Japanese), uncle (Japan enthusiast), sister (I don't know much about why she would, but she was planning to learn Japanese), other sister (loves to travel) or cetera plans a trip. It would be fun going to Japan on vacation, I could help read anything (though I'd be useless as a tour guide as going to Kanazawa isn't worth the fare from Tokyo) and I wouldn't be bound by any strict rules. The con of this would be the planning, air fare and how annoying I would be to them (debatable, but not a null point).

Anyways, I have a week to decide on this. Both ways can be done legitimately, both have different pros and cons, what do you guys think? (Yes, I'm asking for feedback again, man isn't this whole typing an opinion in an easy to use comments system ssssooooooooo annoying?)

2 comments:

  1. Owwwww - you're breaking my heart here! You know how much I want to be there, but neither work schedule nor cash flow will allow it. As for annoyance factor, let me contradict you - I'm looking forward immensely to an extended debriefing in Nova Scotia come August.

    That NS trip is my non-negotiable priority, unless you can somehow get your grandmother Peggy to Kanazawa so I can visit you both at the same time -

    We may have to wait till the day we go back together - like Mandy & Cheryl's return to South Africa. If you'll wait, then I'll promise.

    Ways to get to Edo? Hitchhike!! (Joke – you'd be twenty-five before you reached the Kanto plain. Waah - gaijin on the road, don't stop!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bug, I'll be waiting for you in Sydney - I'll get to Japan one day, need a job first :)

    ReplyDelete