Saturday, June 27, 2009

Walking Through a Fantasy (gaming, may want to skip this one)

I've kept in touch with gaming over this year, listening to podcasts, reading articles, looking through Japanese magazines and even watching videos online. I know mostly all of the latest news and am looking forward to what's coming (though now I face the prospect of playing my Japanese games in their language of origin).

I've also been playing a bit with a few Metal Gear games and demos on PSP, retro gaming on 肉's SNES (which he can't use at his current "home," so I have it here) and wondering what to bring back (or look to import).

I've even got a list of what to play when I get home, getting back into MGS4, some Warhawk, teaching people the love of all things fun that is LittleBigPlanet, hoping for some Fallout 3 and inFamous as well as upcoming Uncharted 2, more Metal Gears and more Final Fantasies.

To this I'm going to add something, a game that came out a few years ago. The XBOX360 is stats-wise almost equal to the PS3 (while the XBOX360 is more similar to PCs, making it easier to develop for, PS3's more complex processor is just a bit ahead of it, as well as PS3's blu-rays holding over ten times XBOX360's DVDs) with a larger, America centric, infamously annoying fanbase. (Yes this paragraph is an irrelevant bash of Microsoft's console)
I'd like to borrow one to play a game that should have been the next Final Fantasy. Lost Odyssey was made by the creator of the Final Fantasy series, fired from Square for his multi-million flop of a movie, Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within. He created his own company and even hired Final Fantasy's world famous music composer (who went freelance about the same time). I'm a hardcore fan of the Final Fantasy series (my favourite being FFVI for it's incredible story) who learned the piano to play Uematsu's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment