Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Long Awaited Entry

Okay, sorry, I've been busy, E3, orientation, changing host families, having fun, building gundams andwatching movies.

I'll see how much I can get through.

Alright, I'll get gaming out of the way since it has little relation to Japan. E3 is the world's biggest year;y gaming convention, a quick tip of my hat to two MGS games for Sony, team Ico's project, Little Big Portable, Rock Band unplugged etc.

With my extra time I've been building Gundam models, now including the Tallgeese and Strike, that probably means nothing to you, I'm also looking for a good one thousand piece puzzle.

I went to orientation yesterday, watched a parade through 金沢 with many samurai in it (picutres later), had another fun night, but this time rather than alluding to it in ways impossible to understand without already knowing what your looking for, I'll say we had fun.
Us continentally American exchange students got flags to sign, on which most people said goodbye and I asked to hang out more in the time we have left.
I met Kenji and had a chat with him. Appearently things are still strict as ever in that house, I honestly feel sorry for him and wil make sure we hang out at least once more before I leave.
I also got a few hints on what books to use for studying Japanese.

I also switched host families again, I'd explain why I have five, but contact with my Roatary club here is... lacking, hell, they never even told me or my host family about the orientation, I heard it from 肉 who thankfully also e-mailed me a picture of the schedule the night before, and the night after orientation, tonight, I switched host families. That waqs hecktic.

My new host family consists of a mother. She's nice and uses a large amount of assimilated English. She's more than nice and the area I know live in is more than convenient, though a few minutes farther from the city's center.

Anyways, I can write more later, I'm still alive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're meeting more & more hospitable host families as this trip goes along. Nice!

    And yes, smart to not describe your fun nights in surrealistic coded references - that way you won't have to deal with the unwanted misinterpretations, and your Mom's blood pressure will subside.

    I'll email you pics from Gavin's convocation later on - and thank you so much for the YKK manga! I'm still reading the letter & going thru the drawings - more on them later as well.

    Summer's coming. I want you to notify me when you hear the first cicadas. For me the sound of anime is the sound of summer cicadas.

    Someday, someday (maybe that future month I spend in traction with a cycling injury) I'll watch Gundam and finally catch on to all those references -

    ReplyDelete