Saturday, June 27, 2009

There's no such thing as too many entries in one night.

That's my momentary shallow opinion and I'll stick to it as long as I blog tonight.

I just got a comment saying that I should have something like a list of stuff to do and people to do it with when I get back. Any because it's me, friends names will not be used, it'll leave hints at their identities instead.

I smile at the prospect. I'll add more in future entries if I think of anything or am given any ideas. So let's see what I have for now...

Alright, from the airport, there's the obvious meeting of family, friends (if awake) and Rotary (which may consist of the previous category). I'll want food, specifically Boston Pizza food and/or nachos. I'll either be driven home, or, if I'm not too late, I'll probably be taken to work. Either way, I'll be sleeping in the room I stripped bare before I left, but it'll still feel like home to me.

I dismantled my computer to deter my from using it right when I get back and hopefully I'll be able to avoid using the PS3 right away too.

The next day there's Boston Pizza Sydney's party on the patio. I'll make my appearance and many of my friends have been invited. I expect my mom will invite family and word of mouth, most everyone else. I hope to make my specialty pizza in as large a size as possible. I wouldn't be surprised to be working though. I remember cleaning my cake off of plates all night on my birthday last year (that and my friends were all studying for exams the next week).

From there I might just head off with them for whatever they can think up. It'll be nice to be back with old friends. Even just playing Halo would be fun.

I as lo have to see Transformers 2 with my sister Laura.

There are lawns to be mowed, that'll be a good day's work.
Also the grass at the property, which wasn't meant to be tall grass, but we bought the wrong type.

I've been invited to a grad party, despite not being a grad they're my class.

I hope to have a run, specifically with a girl who, last time I checked, has pink shoes and a "boy's" blue backpack... she also has an important piece of my computer, that's good, it means I won't be able to work it properly.

I'll be running with the RHS team, much to my overused legs chagrin.

Some D&D with [wears sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt] and [friend, gamer, knows how to study and isn't afraid to be active, last name sound like it means "the cool"].

Sitting down, relaxing, reading a book and just resting. I've got a good line-up of books to read including the new Ender's, The Count of Monte Cristo (in French), Pride & Prejudice and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, a title so long I copy&pasted it. By the way, Life of Pi was good, excellent character development and a believable but extremely unlikely story.

I will be eating a lot of nachos and making a lot of food, you can have some too, but I'll force you to eat non-finger food with chopsticks. Also, I'll be very protective of my Calorie Mate stash. I'd like to make some KD, pizza, nachos, pasta, salad, melon bread, nachos, sandwiches, milkshakes, nachos, custom topped icecream, garlic toast and as I didn't mention enough of them; nachos.

I'll probably be put to work, especially that including garbage, beer and dishes. I almost look forward to it. It'll also be interesting working with [a simple type of soup] and [Romantic (language) name, double letter nickname].

I'll have a lot of catching up to do, mostly with friends, I just hope that she'll come out to do something next time I walk up to her door and ask, only to find out she's busy. [As an extra, unnecessary hint, she has a boyfriend.]

I also hope that she (different one) stays, though that's just me being nostalgically selfish, and goes to CBU. Well, I at least hope I get to say a proper "hello" as last time I didn't get to say a proper "Goodbye," or to be more particular, "I'll see you later."

I'll need to get some practice in for my driver's test, I'll be able to take it in August. I assume I'll be doing a lot of deliveries.

I'm planing to make a fixy bike... and padding.

I'm betting I'll have to do a presentation for Rotary, thankfully I have this blog to work with.

When [family member, but these cryptics are fun, Japan enthusiast, good artist] comes over we'll probably spend a lot of time chatting, though I hope to do more than translate and debrief about Japan. Probably stuff involving bikes as well.

Anyways, that's enough of them for now.

3 comments:

  1. That' s great post. I tink the cryptics are a great writing device - we who don't know all your friends get a precis of who they are.

    I'll verse up on the fixie world & bring you writing, photos & diagrams.

    Pride & Prejudice, eh? Always liked her, though when I first read it I didn't think of it as 'shoujo" or of Darcy as 'bishounen".

    And thanks to Sue for sparking this post -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geoff, really enjoyed that post. It's cool to hear about your plans for when you come back. Quick note, when are you coming back? I want to know when I have to send this awesome casing for FF7AC to you (can I keep the casing? Pleeeaaassee? I'll send the bluray.) Man, our special editions need to have casings this fancy. Anyways, just thought I'd drop a line. I may send out Fallout 3 as well since I've platinum trophied it and have no use for it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked post Geoff - Hold off on the Pride and Prejudice, I've got the ZOMBIE version - it's going on my classroom shelf but I can lend it to you if you like :) Glad I made your list - can't wait to see you! As long as I'm there, you won't be working ;)

    ReplyDelete