Monday, June 22, 2009

My Favourite Wine is "That's not Fair"

Actually I don't have a favourite, I find both red and white disgusting, don't even ask about sake.
Regardless, this entry is me whining, maybe complaining would be more accurate. Not ranting or anything bad, just minor stuff. Hell, I'm not even in a bad mood.

Anyways, getting right into it, I'll start off with it raining. I don't mind the rain so long as everything I have is "allowed" to get we (id est no one will complain and everything will work once dried out). I just didn't like carrying an umbrella.

I need new music, old music could work too, just somethin different than the playlist I've had for the past year (thanks Matt for the additional few tracks). Brie seemed impressed that I didn't have to read the words to sing Old Man, well, if you've listened to it as much as I have, you wouldn't even need the music.

I'm tired of walking around 金沢. Some of you might be able to understand the physical strain of walking for over five hours, then add on the mental stain of doing it on your own. It's boring as heel, but often more interesting than anything I could do at "home." I at least wish that I had something to look forward to in them. The purpose of my last walk was checking prices on Calorie Mates.

Also wish I had an easier way to get around 金沢. I usually have no problem with walking, I usually prefer, but... read the last complaint.

I will certain NOT complain about how few comments I get for all my writing. It doesn't matter that I get nothing for the blood, sweat and tears poured into the making and maintaining of this log of so much of my life. To find out how little you care to write about my greatest feats and worst hardships.
I'm kidding, mostly. Terry comments on almost everything.

I wish I had Japanese friends who would do something, I know I've said that before.

I hate analog clocks, I can't sleep with those and the heat here (I sleep in my running shorts).

I hate sleep deprivation.

Hmm, I should have thought about this more before writing. Meh.

Also, a note about the last entry about my plans, I don't mean to limit my plans to my time on exchange.

2 comments:

  1. I'm willing to bet that sleep deprivation is one of the keys to many of the other complaints - chronic sleep deprivation is NO FUN & puts a jagged edge on any day.

    Geoff-Kyon, I could wish you a Haruhi right now (Rotary allows Haruhis, they're platonic) to confront you with a list of Ten Fun Things You Must Do This Summer – goldfish scooping, cicada catching and all the rest. A "Japanese friend who will do something" with a vengeance! You may have to attempt it on your own -

    I was going to ask about the singing cicadas again, but if I remember my anime primer correctly it's June, season of rain and of blooming hydrangeas. I hope the cicadas are out & rain gone soon.
    Hey, but is it typhoon season? That'd be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geoff,
    Don't worry, I'm still here, reading away. I just have no energy left when I get home from work (I'm working 12 hours days now), but I still do really enjoy reading your blog. I'm in the Uncharted 2 closed multiplayer beta. It is a huge blast to play. You have a ton of awesome games to look forward to when you get home :). Keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete