Monday, June 8, 2009

Pictures in no particular order


Mostly everyone, tired and happy the night of the orientation.

Samurai on horses, I think this is backwards because they were last chronologically.

Female samurai, Japan of old had some deadly ladies (while high on samurai status, they were still forced to obey the men in their lives)
Golden samurai on a horse and smiling too, must be paid well (百万石まつり means "million bushels of rice festival," the largest salary of any samurai in Japan).

Samurai walking about.

Another well paid samurai.

七人の侍, not really, still, it's a REALLY good movie.

Drawing their swords, careful or you might get a closer haircut than mine.

Rifle armed samurai, yes, they had basic guns.

Standing around.

Archers.
Foreigner samurai, I think one of them is my ALT friend.
Yes, there were foreigner samurai, starting with William Adams (I highly suggest James Clavell's fictional book based on him, Gaijin).

A drum.

Marching in lines.

More. Seriously, you have no idea how excited I was to get pictures of decent fake samurai, I yelled "samurai," then ran from the fourth floor of the Rifare to the streets.
Not as orderly, meh.
Being led on a long boring parade march.
Negative last minute touch ups.
More samurai in battle armour.
I'm running out of things to say.
Spears.
(listening to Prince Ali in my head)
Another drum.


Align Center
Little geisha (芸者, literally art-ist) and somethings lead by scouts.
Film crews getting footage of old style somethings (firefighters, I think) who show how well they can balance on ladders.
Same type of thing being set up.

Scary guy in mask.
Same guy.
Fish? Dragon? Hell if I know.
松崎's dining area, in perfect view of the television.

Their kitchen.
Their television and computer, I don't know why I don't have pictures of them.

2 comments:

  1. haha yeah you were very excited about them samuri it took me a whiel to regester why the hell you were running down the stairs. lol ! good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 七人の侍 is a GREAT movie - saw it on the big screen first time, and forgot to breathe through the whole final battle in the rain -
    Fun to see samurai sporting relaxed 21st century smiles (and glasses!)
    And that's a nice relaxed-looking household too. Like the kitchen table setup -

    ReplyDelete