Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bucket'o'photos 2:Surrounding Area

And again, here it goes:

This is the alley I walk down on my way to school, it is as small as it looks, and today, there was a car parked at the other end. In Japan, even back alleys like this can be roads for cars.
Here`s a glimps of Kanazawa from then end of the alley.



And here's the stairs I run down every morning. If it were not so much easier to run (more like bound) I would walk so that I wouldn't look like an idiot running in a damn near suit and leather shoes.


Here's the bridge I cross. This shot gives you a nice view of the river and its banks, they make perfect tracks for runners (who I often see and are almost visible in this shot). This is one of the two rivers that run through Kanazawa.
And here's looking back at teramachi.
And here's another look back. There's a road that goes up that wall with a nice view, to be specific, this view: [link] and [link] (Blogspot can't show panaramic pictures very well.)

So, let's get back down there and continue into town.

Here's a generic road part of the way into town, my school (which is too crowded to get a clear shot of) isn't too far from here.

These kinds of statues are everywhere, and display women bathing or such (from what I can tell), I don't really care about these statues, I just though you might like to see what they're like here. (There's another one in the first picture of teramachi from the bridge).


This is a power pole in Japan. It's made of concrete, and has many, many, wires. I don't think you would want to accidently crash into this thing, especially in a tiny japanese toy car.

Laura, as I'm sure you've guessed, this one's for you. ...now I'm going to walk away before it bites me.

No comments:

Post a Comment