Friday, September 12, 2008

Down for the Count

As some of you may have guessed, I'm probably out of shape. I don't know for sure because I haven't done any time trails lately (it's not that I don't know how to time myself in Japanese, it that I don't have a route yet). Anyway, to make matters worse, this morning, about ten minutes after dawn, a muscle in my right calf contracted, cause pain, and even pulled itself. Luckily my physical education class today (my only one this week) was just ping-pong. I'll probably start getting into a routine soon to stay in shape and to keep up my running (I'm still looking into joining the running team) which will definately include stretches.

It's been another mediocre day. I went to class, sat through bio where the teacher used so many words and kanji that I think I'll never actually understand what she's saying. I went to physics, where I used my written vocabulary of kanji (in physics class I've learned the kanji for things like "seconds" and "force" but because they're written, I haven't tried saying them yet) to figure out the questions (those I answered I got right). Then I went to maths II and III. Math II seems to deal with advanced trig, which makes me suspect it's cal or precal, and math III is all vectors right now. And on the way out of school today, a cog caught my eye. Apparently this school has some strong connection to Rotary because in a trophy case was a plaque with a golden Rotary symbol and an inscription in kanji. Also, I've finally broken into my shoes which no longer both my feet, as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment