Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Energy Friend

I'll explain the title later. Today I had three grade three class. In math I was shown several trigonometry equations I obviously didn't spend enough time studying. In physics I got confused on how a half goes missing between dy=vi*t*sin(theta)+1/2*a*t*t and vy=visin(theta)+a*t. But generally I was still doing fine, and in mathematics I'm learning about vectors.

I also learned that having to switch between two room on the third and fourth floors of different buildings seperated by a courtyard every hous is tiring work, especially when the refreshement machine in said courtyard won't take your money (on a side note, the title is a pun, the snack I tried today [Gavin you'll be interested to hear this] was a Calorie Mate, and the are both nurtitious and delisious, hell I even went back to buy more). This is not even mentioning that I haven't been running as usual due to a lack of local knowledge and team, but my nightly workouts are going along fine.

And I finally got to try a club today. I went to see the English club (to say the least I had hopes of hearing "l"s and reading Shakespeare), to find out that it was average size, everyone there spoke the same three sentences of Engrish that the whole school seemed to know (Hello, My name is, He's crazy), they asked the same questions all the classes did (sports, food, you like Japan, and girlfriend, granted they asked what my type of girl I like and blood type [yes, that's a common question here]), and then they sat down and watched a Japanese show that looked like a mix of Bromwell High and South Park, except that even with Engrish subtitles I still didn't see most of it as funny. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm also looking into joining long distance running, but apparently they have an event soon and are in intense training at the moment.

In other news, I found a securityless wireless network, but to get a signal of any strength requires me to stand i front of their house, and there's no way to make that not look suspicious. Skype works on this computer, so if you want to talk to me e-mail me with at time at least one day before and give me a time (if you use 12 hour clock provide AM/PM, and also provide time zone and whether you use daylight savings).

I hope what I've been typing doesn't sound like complaining (although having people ask me to speak slowly in simple words in English so they can continue to talk at a mile a minute does seem worth of complaint). Sorry, but my mood has just been killed, I'm ending it here for tonight, I'll post some more pictures at a latter date.

No comments:

Post a Comment