Monday, September 1, 2008

My Flight

My flight was average. I was bored from Sydney to Halifax, delayed on my flight to Toronto, so I had to run through Toronto`s security in order to catch my flight to Tokyo. Once in the air I shut the window to accomodate the mass of people trying to sleep, which included half of the people seated beside me. I watched Roman Holiday, Chariots of Fire, and Prince Caspian. I tried and failed to sleep. I missed the mountains, and the Pacific is kinda boring. After eleven of the twelve hours, the two people next to me were awake enough to let me use a stall. It would have been cool if I had gotten to see Tokyo, but all I got was fog and cloud cover. I met up with my host brother at Narita airport and on our next flight, he dealt with jetlag while I suffered from sleep deprivation. We landed and I got a warm welcome from my first and second host families. I got into the front passenger seat of a car, which seemed natural at the time, and I was driven "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment