Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bucket'o'photos: Teramachi

I don't think I need to explain this, here it goes:

These are the kinds of bikes I was talking about earlier. They belong to my host brothers. I should also mention that though most of the bikes look like this, there are so many here that it doesn't take long to see any kind of bike.

Also, this is the entrance to the house, the stone floor is the only place shoes are allowed to be.


This is the house. It's small and crowded, but fine for living in, but I think Gavin would get claustraphobic in the hallways.

This is the street where I live. It's small and not exactly strait, which is why you can't see the house from here, not to mention that everything here forms walls along the sides of the road.

This is the main road that street it attached to. It's four lanes wide, and deadly to cross without the cross-walk lights guiding you. It's the main road through the teramachi area as far as I know.
Teramachi means "temple town," I wonder why that is. It couldn't be the crazy amount of temple found at every corner could it?
(Yes, that's what these old style walls surround.)

Here's a small park I walk past every morning.

Need a smoke? Or a can of soda-pop?

Oh, and if you see a vending machine you want to buy something from on the other side of the road, don't bother crossing, there's one right in front of you as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment