Monday, September 1, 2008

School

Today, September 1st, was my first day at Yugakan High School. I started off seated at the back of the class with all the as-.... slackers (it`s not that I couldn`t understand them, it`s that I wish I didn`t). I sat through a few courses in Japanese. I drew, folded paper, tried to explain that the word Charlottetown obstructed the map`s view of Cape Breton, etc. I made a few minor corrections to some of my Teachers` English (I was nice, don`t worry).
And near the end of the day, certainly the height, the new seating arrangement was made up with me beside all the girls. Yes, I know what my parents and Rotary members are thinking, but my reasons are better than that. I trust the girls more than the boy-band-wannabe guys. Also, I trust them more. And finally, as expected, they`re cuter than the guys.
At the end of the day was the opening ceremony for the second semester. I introduced myself to the ENTIRE school, in Japanese stating my name, age, nationality and length of stay. Shortly after that, school was over and I went "home."

Still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment