Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Higher Place, to Drop Things From

Well, it's been another few days. That probably means it's time to write something.

The rest of my weekend was uneventful, and on Monday I returned to class for my first try at Mathemtatic II 3, or is it 3 II... (in Japan grades are relative to the school level, so that three is the grade level and the roman numberal two is the type of math, so far I' seen math II, III and B). The class was on the fourth floor of the main building. It was nice to see people closer to my age and the class is what I was hoping for. They speak less Engrish, which means I get to try out my Japanese more, I'm at the front side of the class, so I have a nice view of everything, and the teacher teaches (without any major disturbance) in a language I know very well: math.

Anyway, that day ended and then we come to today. Today I had two chances to go back to that class, first for physics, which I understood perfectly thanks to Riverview's best physics tacher (seriously, someone thank him for me, his physics twelve notes are great). Then I swtitched over to a different grade two class where I translated my scientific vocabulary while the teacher taught the class about friction. After that it was back to my home room for English class. I drew, pronounced and shook my head at one of my classmates' bad attempt at English (I knew what he was trying to say, but he was just being annoying and he failed at vocalizing a coherent message). And than, once more it was back to the grade three class for math III. I had been given some trigonometry questions for the class, which I assumed were a test of my skill and knowledge, so I completed them, but when I got to class it turned out it was the lesson for the day. The only thing wrong with my work was that everyone else was using diagrams and I didn't fully write out the maximums. I feel at home in my grade three classes.

And since I'm sure some of you are a little confused about the class switching, here it is written out better:
The first number is the grade (2=11, 3=12) and the second is the class number
2-5 home room, all non-math/physics classes
2-9 physics I
3-8 physics II, math II, math III

Oh, right, here's the drawing I did:
It's of me after exam week. (I rarely draw eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment