Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fishing in the Dark

Haha! Another allusion. The title is the name of a song. No connection between that and the post.

Anyways, I've been going for walks along the river since I don't have a club to go to after school (they cancelled for today). Here are some pictures and a movie:

'Nuf said.

Actually this was taken the same night as the video.


This too.

This is the first of the pictures taken two nights before. I played around with the settings until it looked brighter out. (There's contrast in brightness between pictures because they were taken at dusk.)

Two guys fishing. There isn't much I can say about this.

This is where I was headed, to the bridge.

And here's where I came from. You probably can't see them, but there are people on both sides sitting, runing, cycling, et cetera.

A garden on the other side of the river. I'm sorry that the colours aren't that vivd, but getting a shot this bright and well coloured at this time is quite a feat (more playing around with settings). One of the failed shots of this was mostly black.

The bridge. Appearently it's under construction, but it's still in heavy use. I turned around here more because it was getting dark than because of the flashing red lights of warnings.

Wow, I like the effects on this one. That's the road into town. There really are that many floures-however-that's-spelled lights. But that's enough of that.

Here's the main road back in Teramachi, there's not much to show of me walking back, it was getting dark.

So, hopefully I'll start running again, the muffled part of the video is where I explain that the distance (to the ocean?) is written on plaques on the sidewalk, it makes for a great place to run.

The reason I was out for a walk the first night (night of many pictures) was because of a minor argument between child and parent. It wasn't anything serious, it's just that I'm not used to arguments (with a dad like mine they aren't that successful) and they're a little louder than my heavy rock'n'roll. Seriously though, it's nothing to worry about.

In other news I'm still learning Japanese, and I will never again speak in my usual high class, mile a minute way with someone trying to learn a language. Finding someone who will speak as slowly and simply in Japanese as I am English is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment