Friday, December 5, 2008

Breifly Explaing why I've Been so Breif

Some of you might have noticed a lack of flow in the last post, and possible in other posts. This is because I'm writing them at the Rifare before my lessons. I get there about an hour early, I sing into a computer and quickly update my stuff that's too advanced for my PSP. This includes hotmail (I prefer my gmail account in every way), and blogs (as well as gaming sites where I find watch previews for games that have already come out here and have not yet been reviewed in regions one, three or four: Patapon 2, Final Fantasy: Dissida, Macross Ace something or other).

I quickly get through the media and start writing, than the nun shows up (also taking lessons) and begins talking to me and expecting me to keep up gossiping with her while I'm writing emails and blogs and wearing a headset. (She was random idiot nuber two in my previous post). It's not that she'e annoying, it's just hard to concentrate with someone talking to you.

To answer a few questions, I haven't kept up a proper running routine, but I have been walking and running around the city for hours without end, my joints are being reminded of the marathon I forced them through.
School? That's a full post in itself, I'll get to that one later.
Visit later in my stay? Sure, Kanazawa is a famous cultural and tourist location in Japan, I'll even through in the fifty cent tour for free.
Japanese gameshows are often as cool or crazy as they seem, but my host family doesn't get those shows to my knowledge, most of what I've seen are overdone kanji guessing games.
Another exchange student and I are trying to plan something like a Christmas party, aside from that, don't expect any Christmas cards from me (intercontinental shipping to or from Japan can be pricey).
I figured out much of the language quickly I'll admit, but that's probably because I've been exposing myself to it for the last few years. I don't do much studying, and for that, my vocabulary suffers, but I can speak easily enough.
Yes, I will get around to posting a voice clip of me speaking Japanese, I'm just too lazy right now, so stop emailing me about it. Also, getting drunk, breaking any law, getting a girlfriend, staying out late, or causing any disturbance wouldn't be a good idea given my situation and the exchange program's rules. If you want to visit, okay, but quit emailing me about things that would get me kicked out of Japan.
No, I haven't been outside of my region. Not to Tokyo (aside from the airport), Osaka, Kyoto, Okinawa, Hokkaido, Okinawa, et cetera.
I'm thinking about getting an electronic dictionary (the usual Casio brand is called exword). I'm trying to find a cheap one, but there's one that does French and has all the extra features for a cheap price of forty-thousand yen (a while ago that would be about $400, but now compared to the CAD it's more like five-hundred and some). Yeah, I think I'll keep looking for a cheaper one.
No, I haven't bought anything H. Though a few pages out of some of my manga are quite close.
I can't think of anything else I've been asked/thought you'd ask.

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment