Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ex-mas

(since ks-mas is too hard to pronounce)
Well, I got up, opened my cards (thank you to senderes), ate my Ferreo Rocher (which I found and bought on Exmas-eve) and quickly ate breakfast and ran off to kendo.
Also thank you and merry Christmas to everyone, especially for anything you might have sent me.
Anyway, I practiced kendo, got some standard issue hot chocolate at a vending machine and came home to write the posts before this.
Japanese Christmas is more about couples, KFC (chicken instead of turkey) and cake (I don't know why). My host family had a nice feast on Ex-mas (easier to type and pronounce, sorry) eve, I'll add picutres in an edit. It was like a holiday meal back in the West, but not as big.
Anyways, there's not much else for me to type, and should go eat breakfast and get ready for kendo.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Couples, KFC and cake, eh? I'd heard about the first & third (and the female slur of "Christmas Cake," as featured in Lucky Star) but not about the KFC connection. I wonder if it's based on Colonel Sanders' resemblance to Santa Claus?
    It's been snowing here for four days now.
    Your calendar is probably leaving the runway in Hawaii & winging its way to you. Enjoy your Kristmas Kendo, and thanks again for posting that great video -

    ReplyDelete