Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some day part one

Luckily in Japan I haven't been staying up until two in the morning everynight (I say this because I can't read the clock to figure this out), so my usual day begins at seven here.
I wake up, reach semi-consciousness (I know what's going on but can't act) and try to get up by seven-thirty, at which point I dress and walk to the kitchen. I say the formal phrases and begin to eat a meal that looks Western to the Japanese and like nothing to Westerners (salad, meat, bread and yogurt). I grab my pre-prepared lunch, brush my teeth (a twice a day habit now that I have to match the fake white and real yellow), get dressed up and head to school.
I've recently found a more efficient route that takes about ten minutes to walk, while walking I usually sing quietly or eat (which the Japanese would have to stop and sit down to do).
At school I sit down, go through my stuff and maybe play piano (if there aren't very many people around, especially the girls who run over and scream loudly) (I play piano, draw, run and bike for myself, not for other people).
Class starts...

2 comments:

  1. ragarding the part "especially the girls who run over and scream loudly" ..so the japanese (at least girls) are not that shy and reserved after all?

    -Latvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this morning zombie-like behaviour is genetic? I have it. My father had it bad - he said he used to wake up every morning while driving over the Sydney River Bridge. I suspect your Dad's lineage of being early risers, but that's just a guess...

    ReplyDelete