Friday, July 3, 2009

Coming and Going

More small stuff. Not much of importance has happened yet.

First, 肉 may say that I dress bad, and most of my shirts are plain, but my Laughing Man shirt works better than I expect. It's a shirt with the logo from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's a symbol unknown to most, but those who do know it are likely otaku and willing to talk about it. So willing, that I've had random people come up to me and start conversations over it. This has happened three or four times, and has even gone far enough to reach my parents back home.

Moving on, home is becoming more and more real as my departure date gets closer. Memories are coming back more and more powerfully. When being driven at night, I could see Kings Road and I was reaching for the steering wheel, pedals and whatever food I brought home from work (next I'll be feeling the cold of my dishwasher-soaked uniform) and a smell I caught while walking down the street brought me to cleaning woks on dish.

I've also been talking with people from home more. With more computer access I've been on Facebook and Messenger and have had some good chats. Though I should mention, I prefer messenger. I find it easier and it doesn't give this computer a seizure every time I start a conversation. Also, when I say good night to those of you in Atlantic Time Zone GMT-4, or those crazy ones of you in Pacific Time GMT-8, you should actually say good morning or good day, as that's what time it is for me, and greetings are a courtesy to those they're spoken to. Goodnight means nothing to a man at mid-day, and it would seem awkward for you if I wished you a good morning at night. Please keep this in mind next time we may chat.

Next, I got a cellphone and girlfriend.

No I didn't, I'm just saying that because I'm tired of people asking about it. I HAVE NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND (on an emo note that doesn't suit me or represent my feelings: no one loves me) AND I DON'T LIKE CELLPHONE. ALSO MY HOST PARENTS FORBID ME FROM GETTING ONE. CAPS LOCK FOR THE WIN! (I was actually using the shift key.)

Next, stuff will happen starting tomorrow.

Add the movie Up to my list of things to do when I get back.

Also, there's a trick from xkcd I want to try.

And 肉 is starting a group for the new exchange students coming to 金沢. I'll be writing up some tip, the first obviously being to get a cellphone. (the title should make sense now, I'm going and the new students are coming, it's still a bit off, but preperations for both have already started, including that I've packed most of my stuff that I won't be using).

Also, I'm looking to continue this blog when I get back. It's been... interesting, no everyone uses that word... intriguing. I've already met someone who knew me very well before I'd ever met them. Also, while this might seem like it might make me easy to stalk, people can do that better with my Facebook account or such, not to mention things like GPS or cellphones, but that would be forgetting that this is written mainly about past events and I'm not that easy to follow.

I'll probably change the URL for this (probably by adding japan) and continue it as this one. Anyways, you'll get more on that when it happens if it happens.

Well, I'll type to you later.

1 comment:

  1. You have a sister, I understand, who is your portal to sharp dressing. Learn from her, kouhai.

    However...if I wear the Laughing Man, will I find an otaku girlfriend? Shall report.

    I'm glad you're planning to continue the blog. I'll have my own up after I get back from the summer trip, and you can pepper mine with natter as I have with yours -

    ReplyDelete