Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What I'm not Doing

After being told I wrote that I wouldn't be writing as much anymore, I was going to read my entry to find out when I wrote that. Then I decided that that would be boring, so I'm writing this with no citation (any Wikipedia critics out there) and without having read what it's about. Usually that's a bad idea, but it just so happens that while I didn't read it, I wrote it.

So, I will not not (better ass a few more just to make sure) not not not not not not continue to write long web log entries. What I remember complaining about was writing things on the spot and having to re-write them digitally. I've only do that a few times, and usually I only took notes as reminders. What I said was that I would like to be able to write things down digitally in full detail on the spot.

Also, I noticed with no comment on the subject that I haven't shown any picutres lately, even of the Rotary even. Well, it wasn't an even for me, though the Seattle-ites did make sure to take pictures of their own. I will get pictures when it comes to the farewell party for Rotary about me, which they may attend and I'll see about getting pictures from other social (hopefully enjoyable) events. You'll also get some from some day I get bored and on my way back to Canada. Although, the Japanese avoid cameras as if they were guns and I'll have to ask everyone else (but considering they have Facebook accounts, I doubt they'll mind).

I'm not buying souvenirs. This is because I'll be using my Rotary emergency fud for that, which they say they'll give me at the party about me. I've found some interesting things to get certain people. I tried to find things that were fitting, usually half as a joke. I've also noticed that the price of the gifts seem wrong. There are cheap things that look expensive and vice versa, so if you don't like you're gift (or if you don't get the joke)... well, it's not like you could take it back... Meh, you'll have something from Japan that's yours to do with as you please (even if pleasing you includes a tour of waste management). The first joke seems to have already arrived. I sent a special edition of a movie to my brother, but the lack of English made it hard for him to understand (and he's olny borrowing it). Also, while I'm bringing Calorie Mates back in bulk, anyone wanting any will have to defeat me in mortal combat. They'll also have to find a copy of it or an arcade and it'll be their quaters (Mortal Kombat is a world famous fighting video game series).

Today I also figured out two things in math class. The first is that I have been learning integral and differencial calculus (and the names of beings animalcilus) in math. The second is that Evanglion is actually spelled as ヱヴァンゲリヲン, that's Wevangeliwon, using the obsolete ゑ and nearly obsolete を (it's only use in the whole language is as an object particle, and it's now pronounced as "o" rather than "wo," which suits お, "o" better).This makes me wonder if a theory on one of the character's name is also true. Meh.

In other news, the weather is hot. Luckily I don't notice it as I'm usually listening to music, using the computer, chatting (often with my host mother in Japanese), sleeping (though attepting to sleep is unbearable), or dozing off in class (different from sleeping in that I can, and do slip in and out of conciousness without trouble, and I only do this in classes where I've nothing to do. I'm drinking a lot of water and my habit of snacking has returned, though my habit of gaming is slowing.

To continue to talk uselessly about things leading up to my return, I'm already mostly packed, but I've always been one-quater packed, now I'm just three-quaters packed.

In futherly useless news, blades for shaving are ridiculusly expensive here. Ten dollars for four blades is too much in my opinion. If it's the same back home I'll be looking into an electric razor. Besides, I just shave to keep up appearance, I don't care how close the shave is. (Though I'll add that any future girlfriend will have say in the matter.) Which adds to the list of things I'm not doing; shaving (though I will tonight, I found that cheap Japanese disposable (full) razors are... cheap).

2 comments:

  1. Gomen - I saw "quitting status updates "and "no way to blog on the fly" and jumped to conclusions, being always happy for a chance to deliver a tedious moral lecture. Honto ni gomen nasai -

    Time to buy that old-school straight razor. They'll love it at the carry-on luggage x-ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An electric razor would be cheaper (and more environmentally friendly!) Ten dollars?!?! I pay twenty for 4 razors - maybe you can bring me back some!

    ReplyDelete