Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Intranation

Intra means within as opposed to inter which means between. I'm inside
Toronto airport waiting for what has been moved to a 20:50 flight.
Also, this keyboard isn't even Western, so, never use computers in
airports, they're keyboards suck.

Well, I walked and ate in Narita some more. I had the eleven hour long
flight. It was about the worst flight I've ever had mostly because I'm
sick and couldn't get to sleep, which the kink in my neck isn't
helping. At least we got all the right meals. I watched 17 Again and
started another movie based on a Neil Gaimen book, its name was a
variation of a girl's name starting with a c. Sadly I spent most of my
time awake trying not to cough and hoping that gentle thing beloved
from pole to pole would come. Also, the pressure has been giving my
ears hell, so I can't even try listening to people and my sore throat
stops me from talking.

On the other hand, I had an easy time through customs, just answered
no and other answers that wouldn't raise problems (how do I know how
much the goods I'm bringing back are worth, including gifts, in
Canadian dollars?). The guy was nice, and only had a few minor
questions about whether I was returning or visiting and why I marked
educational (there is not cultural exchange option and all my
documents are written up for shools). My baggage was a bit late, but a
lot of people's was, and it gave me a chance to sit and rest.

When I made it trough and saw the Tim Horton's, the Miss Vicky's chips
and cetera, I was, still am glad to be back. I know this euphoria will
wear off (like when I go into a dirty men's room), but it'll be good
while it lasts. Also, while both airports hae had wireless, it's weird
for PSP.

Anyways, I'll be back soon, my only request is ice cream to sooth my
throat, give me the sugar rush I need to get all the hellos and stuff
done and then crash and fall asleep. That last part shouldn't be too
hard, I've only gotten short sessions of rest, nothing lasting or
effective.

(I'll) see (some of) you (sooner than) later.

3 comments:

  1. Yes - now begins the period when familiar things look weird because you've been away so long. These are precious & cool impressions - for a brief time it's like you're looking through other people's eyes.
    Dirty mens washroom LOL! Welcome back to the land of poor hygeine, panhandlers and litter (well, my neighbourhood at least)
    And welcome back in general. Okaeri nasai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better geoff and that you enjoy being back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mate sucks that your kinda sick on returning home, but hope your enjoying it all the same, found out today my returndate... turns out today is the exact middle of my exchange, so thats pretty cool.
    its goona be weird not having you around over here anymore. please do keep up the blog of some sort, you write well and its been great reading it.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !

    ReplyDelete