Thursday, July 9, 2009

Those of you who don't read very often probably hate me for all these recent entries

Well, I don't have much to say, so let's see how much I can drag out. I'm not sure why I'm writing a post, it just seems like I should.
...
I might just be bored (though in a non-depressing, I know I'll be very busy quite soon and would be fine but that doesn't mean I can't kill some time way).

Anyways, I've been listening to more podcasts lately. It's good to fill in long walks and empty time. I've got into s-words through an online comic. It's round-table discutions on popular culture topics beginning with the letter s. I like it, I hear stuff from a familiar perspective but with half a generation gap, which makes it all the more interesting because I get to hear the history on things like comics, games and other geekdom topics.

Also, 肉's SNES is still here. I haven't been gaming much but it is fun. Super Metriod is good fun, though annoying to backtrack and keep exploiting tricks. Street Fighter is fun, mostly because I beat 肉 much more than should have been possible. A manga based basketball game he picked out didn't help his case either. Any true skill of his was easily be out-done by my button mashing, which turned out to be a major game mechanic. And Tecmo Superbowl (1993?) was so much fun. We knew nothing of football and tried to play this game. Eventually I figured it out but what help me win more was that my team could catch. Contra (III?) is, once again, fun, but getting past the wall climbing boss of the third level is to hard, so we have trouble getting anywhere. Starfox is good, but single player. Mario Cart is good fun, but there a a few minor issues that slowly get to me. DK3 isn't really two-player.
Ironically, we probably won't be using it too much now that we're all getting stuff to do. And now that 肉 is with his new host family, he's not... complaining (narcissism persists).

This morning I was pleasantly surprised. I met an otaku friend while to school any we started talking, this made it through the shoe locker room where, usually, conversations end as you seperate to go to your lockers. Then, when I got to class, I already understood the calculus work we had, so he gave me a story to read. I made it through the first part without needing a dictionary, but from there I was using it pretty steadily, which isn't too bad with an ex-word. It was supposed to be sad, I made it through the first of about five oversized pages but my disconnection stopped me from feeling very much. I was also very tired and wanting to sleep. The rest of the day was the usual bordom. It ended with a history lesson on expultionist Japan (尊王攘夷!), which I probably know better than most of the students, but that doesn't mean I payed attention.

Also, tonight we went out for ramen. Not much else.

I also watched the whole of the Melancholy of Haruhi-chan series. ...silly. It's for people who know and love the show, so it's probably meaningless to mention it here. Meh.

Did I mention I'm in the middle of writing a blog right no-....oh, riiight.
...
On that note.

2 comments:

  1. All caught up! Thanks for filling my afternoon! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoff I can't help it that I'm the centre of the universe.

    ReplyDelete