Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Ending

Well, today I met up with most of the exchange students at the station, including one bear (肉 in a costume). We took a bit of time arguing between the weather and our want to go to the beach. In the end the beach won out. We got tickets and off we went.

So, it was Niko, Niku, Riley, Sharnelle, Brie, Ali, Shiori, and two other Japanese I don't know. Puri was taken, we checked out the stores for party supplies and headed to the beach at 内灘 (uchinada). It's a very large and wide beach, littered with litter but mostly sand. There were a few bars setup, a concert stage being built and a wooden skate park. We headed for the water and swam around, well, Riley, Niko, Niku (both their names are nick but to distinguish I use their Japanese names, ニコ and 肉 respectively), Brie and I. We splashed each other, surfed on waves and had some fun. Then we got back on the beach and into some volleyball. Everyone sucked, but that wasn't the point. I got in contact with Josh and Kenji. When Josh came I went to meet him at the local station and brought him back. Then with a few others we went to the store to buy drinks, a a little later, food. We ate drank, absolutely sucked at volleyball, tried a few other games and were happy, it was around this time that Kenji got there. Things got even happier with chasing people with the ball and taking pictures. Then, when it got dark enough, we set off some fireworks. Jumping over sparklers is a bad idea without pants (though I had swim trunks). Sharnelle had to leave earlier but not much of substance happened after, mostly just being happy.

On the way back to the station we took our time, and stangley, despite how Australian Josh and I were, we were far ahead of pretty much everybody and doing rather well. I also learned an Aussie cheer. Back at Kanazawa, everyone was saying goodbyes. We slowly waited for everyone to go there seperate ways. I took a bus most of the way and now I'm here. In eight hours I'll be getting on a plane homeward bound. 'ts been fun.

The End?

2 comments:

  1. How great is that? Playing volleyball on the beach as the credits roll and the theme music comes up -

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photos that go along with this post (on facebook) are fantastic- glad that it all worked out so well and that you had a proper send-off. -mandy

    ReplyDelete