Monday, July 20, 2009

What in the World did I do to Deserve this?

Oh, right, I ran my body into the ground.

Now, to make sense of this: I'm sick. My teeth hurt, my head hurts, my ears hurt, my body is weak, my throat is sore, my body is being picky about tempurature, my nose is stuffed up, I'm getting over shin splints and a pulled muscle.

This seems to be my body's revenge on me for everything I've been doing to it. I must say, it knows when to get back at me, I'm meeting my exchange student friends for the last time today to go swimming, tomorrow I'll be between nations and the day after I'll be back in Canada. It's hard to think of a worse time for me to be sick, especially with how paranoid the Japanese are about disease in airports (can you say "quarantine"?). My dad putting me on the no fly list is the least of my worries, I'll get to meet Bobby Fisher and brush up my chess (yes, I know how to play, I was a member of my school's chess club in Canada and have even played Japanese chess).

Meh, it's not like being sick has ever stopped me before.



So anyways, I spent yesterday finishing up my packing, getting gifts (still have two to go), I spent most of the day walking around the city, sick (which started that morning) and buying things. I Spent the night building a Gundam and finding was of making everything fit better.



I don't feel like writing anymore, sorry, I'll write again when I'm not feeling so bad.

1 comment:

  1. Ow, ow. Sorry to hear it. Hope it passes quicker than expected.
    Ironic to be sick & aching, and building a hyper-strong human-shaped robotic body. I'll bet there's psychological benefit in that - a kind of visualization.

    Japanese chess - shogi? Go?
    I just checked up on the Bobby Fischer reference. Ay yi yi - never know that.

    ReplyDelete